Friday, 29 November 2013

Playing with Stamps

So I said a couple of posts ago that I just got a package from America with some JOFY and Dylusion stamps. I have been playing with them in a new book, which I have dubbed my sample book. They are not super fancy and I haven't made backgrounds or full pages, it's just the stamps coloured very simply with pencils and Distress Markers. Still, I thought I would share because they are super awesome stamps.
 This is where I started, just simply stamping a JOFY stamp with Distress ink and highlighting it with Smooch inks. As you can see, my sample book is an altered book.

Next up I did a bit with Distress ink and and a stencil as a background and stamped a Tim Holtz stamp over the top. Colouring was done with pencils, which were brilliant and satisfying to use.

 I figured it was time to try a scene using the new stamps. So I did a JOFY garden with butterfly. Really fun to layout and stamp with these guys. Again coloured with pencils.

 Time for some whimsy, and what better way to be a little crazy then Dylusion stamps. This one required very little input from me, looked super as soon as it was stamped.

Finally I stamped out a bunch of random Dylusion stamps and coloured them with Distress markers. If you look closely at the mushrooms, I used the Picket Fence Distress Marker over the top of the other colours for highlights.

So that's a bit of a peek into my sample book. Stay tuned for some pages from my actual journals.
-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment